Tag Archives | Tax Tips

Filing Your Taxes as a Board Director

As a director, your fees are not considered employee wages or a salary (W-2). Instead, the IRS considers you to be an independent contractor and your income is reported on Form 1099-MISC in Box 7 (Nonemployee Compensation) and this is what you will use when you file your Form 1040 (Schedule C). Because your company […]

Share This:
Continue Reading